4 mai 2020 & 1er juin 2020- The first Right to Read Program workshop entitled Catching Children before They Fail: The Reading Readiness Screening Tool .
Part 1, Interventions is scheduled to be held in Grande Prairie, Alberta on Monday May 4, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. This workshop will provide the teachers with:
- An overview of the need for universal reading readiness screening
- The background of the Reading Readiness Screening Tool (RRST)
- A review of the RRST subtests
- Administrative guidelines, and
- Interventions (Part 1)
Following this workshop, the teachers will receive a pass code to electronically download the Excel Class Summary Sheet and Activities for Teachers to Build Reading Readiness Skills – Part 1 from the Right to Read website.
The second workshop, RRST Follow-Up: Assessment Informs Instruction is scheduled to be held in Grande Prairie, Alberta on Monday, June 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The workshop will provide teachers with an opportunity to:
- Share their experiences since the first workshop
- Interpret results
- Talk and learn about considerations for programming
- Experience a variety of activities to develop foundational skills
- Learn about instructional strategies, and
- Explore student and teacher resources
Following the second workshop, Activities for Teachers to Build Reading Readiness Skills – Part 2 and Activities for Parents to Build Reading Readiness Skills along with suggestions for conducting a Parent Workshop can be downloaded from the Right to Read website.
Note: All components are in the French language, except those for parents.
Veuillez vous inscrire en cliquant ici : https://www.nrlc.net/program/4521