Who is eligible?
- Each FSL/Immersion/Francophone teacher has access to $1200 toward their professional development in French.
- Each board is providing release time for ALL the teachers towards French professional development.
How to ask for release time?
- Please inform your principal and secretary when you choose to access the $1200.
- Costs covered during a PD event include travel, meals, lodging and fees. Keep all your receipts!
For this new school year 2016-2017, teachers must make their request at least four weeks prior to the training or event chosen.
Slight but important change to French Teacher Reimbursement Procedure
In order to allow teachers the opportunity to attend PD events in spring, we are now requesting that teachers fill in the request for reimbursement form at least four weeks prior to attending the event. Once the event has taken place, teachers will need to send all original receipts to the Centre along with the confirmation of professional development. Thus, each French teacher once again has $1200 towards their French PD this year, conditional on funding.
Please send in all official receipts with the completed reimbursement form at the French Language Resource Centre 8611A - 108 Street, T8V 4C5.
* This funding is designed to complement and add to PD funding from your school district and other bursary programs offered by Alberta Education. Please continue to access these services first.
As part of the collective agreements, GPPSD and GPCSD will reimburse tuition fees for credit university courses. This includes the French university-transfer credit courses offered by GPRC. Please refer to your respective collective agreement for further details. PWSD also provides full reimbursement of tuition fees for college/university courses. Take advantage of this great opportunity to further improve your French !
The Centre has organized several excellent specialists to give sessions through the Northwest Learning Consortium. Ideally, we want the teachers to attend as many of these sessions as possible! We have provided the following funds to enable all FSL and Immersion teachers the opportunity to attend the sessions.
Remember that you can access additional professional development opportunities that are offered in French through the provincial Individual Teacher Language Bursary Program. This program provides up to $2200 a year to all FSL/Immersion teachers including immersive experiences, conferences and courses! For more info, visit Alberta Education -Individual Teacher Bursary- French Language.