Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Re: COVID-19 and FLRC Events
Given this unprecedented and ever-changing situation the FLRC announces the
● The DELF scolaire exam scheduled for April 6–9 is cancelled , however, should
classes resume before the end of June the FLRC will look at organizing a May
and/or June session.
● The DELF marking session scheduled for April 25 has been cancelled.
● As of today, the DELF PRIM exam is still scheduled for May 11.
● The Commissioner of Official Languages classroom presentations scheduled for
March 31—April 3 will be rescheduled.
● The Garage Sale scheduled for April 3–4 will be rescheduled.
● As of today, the Unithéatre Presentations scheduled for April 20–24 will still occur.
● Any school trips that have been cancelled will no longer receive the travel
bursary, however, can apply for the bursary for the 2020–2021 school year.
● NRLC has postponed all in-person, face-to-face sessions until further notice.
● Online, webinar sessions will continue to run as planned.
● The Ombrosa one-way exchange has been cancelled.
● The France Exchange has been cancelled.
● The DELF diplomas from the November 2019 session have arrived and will be
mailed out to the students.
The FLRC will continue to support teachers within our partnership as well as we can via
online meetings and phone conversations. We are in the process of creating a list of
French free online resources for teachers and parents. We will post this list on our
website and social media sites when it is available.
In partnership with the Grande Prairie Public Library, our resources will be available
through the Curbside Pickup Program. Teaches can place holds on our resources
through TRAC PAC ( http://catalogue.tracpac.ab.ca/polaris/ ). They will then be contacted
by the library when the resource will be available for pickup. Unfortunately, as of March
17th the courier system to our Northern schools and libraries is no longer running. Any
questions regarding resources can be directed to FLRC assistant Stephanie Willis at
780-296-2500 or email@example.com
French Language Resource Centre